- Sand heater/cooler keeps incoming sand at + or - 5 degrees F. This provides high predictability of chemical binder systems.
- Microprocessor controlled continuous mixer provides tight control of binder/catalyst ratio in mixed sand.
- Rollover/draw unit enables deep patterns with minimum draft to be drawn from molds without breaking mold surface or pattern. This reduces sand defects.
- Melting under an argon shield prevents oxidation and slag formation in the molten metal, thereby limiting slag defects in the castings.
- Chemical analysis is performed with a vacuum spectrometer prior to tapping the furnace. This ensures that metal chemistries are within specification parameters.
- Ladles are brought up to temperature by a computer-controlled pre-heater. This provides consistent ladle temperature which increases heat loss predictability in the pouring operation.
- Optimal furnace temperatures are verified by an immersion pyrometer prior to tapping.
- In-house pattern shop enables rigging refinements to be made quickly and correctly.
- Heat treating cycles are performed by computer controlled programs and monitored by chart recorders.